Looking for input on inexpensive frag tank sizes....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jrgilles

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some input on a good priced frag tank size. I will probably have a bit of rockwork and corals in the tank, but will also use it to help hold various frags that are taking up too much space in my main DT.

I was looking for something in the 30-40 gallon range, preferably a cube (maybe 24 by 24 by 16 or something.) Would rather it have a larger footprint and not be that tall, for easy lighting.

I am going to drill it and attach it to my current sump (50 gallon breeder) and piggyback it on my existing system. So planning on just getting a tank, return pump, and lighting (already have some spare powerheads sitting around.)

Going to put some LED lighting on it, but would like to get a relatively expensive glass tank for the set up.

Any suggestions on what size I may be able to get, or more specifically what size/manufacturer? I know some of the more common sizes are cheaper, so I would probably go that route.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Rob

I have seen a lot of people do 40 breeders for frag tanks and they look great. Not a cube but a good size and if you hit it at the right time only $40

Back