Looking for LEDs LOCALLY for your LED project?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you're looking for LEDs for your LED project but dont want to deal with online shipping and etc? Vetco in Bellevue on northup way has 3watt luxeons in red green blue (7.95$) and 10 watt cool white and 10 watt warm white luxeons for 15$.

Hey Bolun, are they RGB lamps or are you saying they carry red, blue and green 3w lamps. If seperate do you know what nm on the blues ? Also do they carry drivers and other acc's ?

Todd

Frags: the blues are around 30k color temp, the cool whites are 6.7k

sheptor: i I only have zoas under my LED, and they're doing find. My sps are all under halide/t5.

I am running a LED experiment right now. I just might be ordering from one of these sites for my main display, but we still have some time left in my experiment before I make my decision.

I plan on chaning out my T5 actinics for LEDs from rapidled.com the end or beginning of next week.

stevesleds might be the cheapest but the layout to the web site IMO is awful to the eyes and needs to be redesigned...too much information and can't find anything..i was dizzy after reading the vast amount of info here, there, and everywhere...I want something simple that I can find and then order.

hence, I will stick with rapidled

if you contact Steve, he will give you the best quote for leds around. For a fully built system of 72 Leds varying in pattern of white to blue ratio, fully assembled in a very nice looking machined light weight aluminum case it ran about $800. including shipping, PLUS... they are fully dim-able! im not sure if his prices are still the same but when i got them awhile ago thats the going rate or right around there. now the setup is on my buddies tank and looks great!

cant go wrong with Steve IMO.

if you contact Steve, he will give you the best quote for leds around. For a fully built system of 72 Leds varying in pattern of white to blue ratio, fully assembled in a very nice looking machined light weight aluminum case it ran about $800. including shipping, PLUS... they are fully dim-able! im not sure if his prices are still the same but when i got them awhile ago thats the going rate or right around there. now the setup is on my buddies tank and looks great!

cant go wrong with Steve IMO.

THx for the infor Tyson. I was under the assumtion that these LEDs either from Steves site or the other local site were for a DIY build and not a prebuilt LED array.

Guess I was misunderstanding what Crazy clown mentioned,

Originally Posted by Cwazy Clown
actually, for online purchases, stevesleds are the cheapest.

http://stevesleds.com/

his 3w LEDs go for 1.50-1.75 ea.

Cheers,
Alex

Steves are both diy and pre built and then rapid led are for diy projects only... Both have a great product and great customer service. It all depends on what your budget is and how much effort you want to throw at it.

Back