Looking for some one that can do my water changes

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peddy10181

I am looking for some one that can come to my place about every 3 weeks and do a 100 gallon water change. Must bring it with you. PM me thanks

Have you considered setting up a WC system? I used to be able to do a 100G WC in less than five minutes without getting my hands wet on my 500G system.
Otherwise, there are plenty of tank maintanance companies out there. Most of the LFS stores depend in it for their stability. Barrier Reef is the one I recommend.

I'll do it...for $11,000,000,000!

DrEvil.jpg

lol...

yeah, dragging around 100g of water is kind of a pain for folks....
I'm betting you already own a ro/di, now u just need a 100-150g container.
I think most maintenance companies would request that you set this up if at all possible,
that would make it a much easier job, and less expensive for you. :)

Peddy,

Agree with Trido. Get a WC system set up.

I have a 375 gallon tank and have an automated WC system that can do a 45 gallon water change in 10 mins and left NO buckets.

otherwise, call Eric at Veralte Aquatics or Cy at Barrier Reef

Peddy,

Agree with Trido. Get a WC system set up.

I have a 375 gallon tank and have an automated WC system that can do a 45 gallon water change in 10 mins and left NO buckets.

otherwise, call Eric at Veralte Aquatics or Cy at Barrier Reef

What do you use??

What do you use??
I used to have two 55G garbage cans linked with bulkheads and PVC, then used a small pump to circulatethe saltwater over the rim from one to the other. A single 100-150 container would be easier though. Next I used a single mag 12 to pump water out of the sump into the drain. Then with the turn of a couple valves, the same pump would refill the tank. Beleive it or not, that same pump was also used to feed my chiller. It was a bit of an intricate manifold on both the intake and output of the pump but it worked like a charm.

I'd also throw in for an automated WC system, I've got a 375G and no way do I want to deal with buckets!

All you need is a pump in the sump with a quick release valve that you can hook a hose up to - just turn the pump on and put the other end of the hose in the sink or something. I've got a 65 gallon water tank in a closet that has a similar pump set up that I use to pump water back into the tank. Voila' - no buckets. Ok, I do end up with a load or three of 5 gallon buckets from where I do some detritus siphoning, but the bulk of it is automated. If you want to get a little fancier, I've currently got a tap off my chiller pump, so I just hook up the hose and turn two valves to redirect the water. But really it's just two pumps and couple of hoses.

My pumps must not be as powerful as some of these other guys, it takes me about 20 minutes to pump all that water - LOL!

-Don

If you are willing to pay for quality work, I echo the ref to Cy or Tim at Barrier.

That said, there are a number of us in the southend who could help you get a water change system setup.
I'm just up the hill from you......
Rgds,
D

Back