Looking for the nicest live rock in town

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

arc eye

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Reef Frontiers, but have been on reef central incessently for the last 6 months and the 55g bare bottom I have been planning is now almost under way. I have everything I need including base rock (from marcorocks.com), but I need some ultra super premium (preferably cured) live rock to kick things off. Also thoughts on a reliable source of water would be much appreciated. As it sits right now I am planning on buying an RODI unit from Buckeye Field.....I think that is what they are called anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Pics, updates, etc. soon to come.

Also thoughts on a reliable source of water would be much appreciated.

Hey arc we're in a similar boat. I've been shopping ro/di's online so i'm gonna tag along to see if anyone recommends one or a certain type.

About the water, I've been getting mine from Culligan. One of the managers told me they dechlorinize, ro and then di there regular water. So until i get my ro/di i've been using that. Just wanted to add that it costs $6 per 5 gallons, here.

Hope it helps

So far I've been using aged/dechlorinated tap water. I ended up getting 17lbs of live rock from reef mystique. Pretty nice stuff. A lot of bio-diversity and irregular shapes. But I will have to say that the marcorocks is still the biggest and best shaped rock I have seen

Reef Mystique for rock.

Filter Guys for the ro/di. I bought one a year ago and have had nothing but good. It is hooked up 24/7 and has been flawless.

Back