Looking to add to the tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
So as the title states, I am looking to add another fish to the tank. I am looking at either the Blue Jaw Trigger, or the Pink Tailed. I know that they are considered reef safe. I also know that I have quite a few clams in my tank. Just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with them and what the outcome was. Will I find Ol'Blue with a knife and fork sitting down at my clam bed, or will I find the Ol'Pinky nipping at my LPS. I really want to get a Niger, but from what I read they are 50/50 on clams. I do not have any other invertebrates that in the tank other then my 3" Coral Banded Shrimp, and my clams. So If it was able to eat my CBS not sure I mind, but if I seen it nibbling at my clams I would be devistated. So if there is anyone out there that has had, or currently has one of these great fish, housed with a clam let me know. I would love to hear about it. Oh and Justin I know you have one, but what if yours is just a well behaved Trigger and thinks clams are friends not food.

I've had both and had no issues with them..as triggers go, are reef safe and dont rearrange the rock work like some can do..

the PT had a personality of a dog and would wait for me in the corner of the tank everyday at 5pm to be fed, but before i would it would get fed, it would spit water on me...it would also grunt like a pig..was funny...the hawaiian PT has a more colorful tail unlike the indo one.

Sweet I really like the coloration of the Blue Throat. I am looking to get a small male. We will see.

FYI...Although not a jumper by nature, I have seen them jump out of a tank if harassed or spooked.

Back