Looking to borrow a TDS meter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Craiz

I've been fighting with an algae outbreak in my tank that is progressively getting worse. I first thought it was my lighting as the bulbs were past due to be replaced. I replaced them and the algae is getting worse rather than better. I suspect it is my water. I've got an inline meter hooked up to my RO filter but it always reads 0.000. The input reads some solids, but the output always just reads zero. I'd really like to borrow a portable TDS meter to double check my water to see if that is the problem.

I live in South Everett, WA near Silver Lake. If anyone near me has a portable TDS meter and is willing to let me borrow it I would really appreciate it. I don't need it for long and could pick it up and return within an hour or two.

I have one, but will have to come to Bothell to borrow it.

you might wanna check your tap water as well as your RO water.

Last edited:
I've been fighting with an algae outbreak in my tank that is progressively getting worse. I first thought it was my lighting as the bulbs were past due to be replaced. I replaced them and the algae is getting worse rather than better. I suspect it is my water. I've got an inline meter hooked up to my RO filter but it always reads 0.000. The input reads some solids, but the output always just reads zero. I'd really like to borrow a portable TDS meter to double check my water to see if that is the problem.

I live in South Everett, WA near Silver Lake. If anyone near me has a portable TDS meter and is willing to let me borrow it I would really appreciate it. I don't need it for long and could pick it up and return within an hour or two.

hey i live near silver lake too, i think ur the closest person to me on this forum! but got no tds meter tho sorry :D

If you ever on the south side let me know and you could borrow mine, no problem.

Back