Luke's 20G

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Coolhand&Cshell

Whats up guys! My name is Luke and im 15 years old. I started this tank with my brother and we went halfzees on everything. We had TONS of help from Chase (iroll253). He designed and built the tank an is teaching us the ropes of maintaining a system.

Thanks to mike i was able to get my rock for a great deal. I also got my ato from adam. I currently have a 24" T5 aquticlife fixture and an eshopps psk-75 in sump skimmer. I eventually intend to upgrade my bulbs and koralia to a vortec.
I mainly plan to have zoas and lps! Here are some pics!

Photo0278.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Photo0247.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

Photo0245-1.jpg

Luke and his dad found the stand somewhere used and cut a new top for it. Then cut out the bottom so there would be room in the sump for the skimmer, and stained the whole thing. After that was done i drilled and plumbed the tank. Recent photos coming will show the ato setup fitting perfectly to the right of the sump, as well as the sweet sliding doors they made for the stand. We also mounted a american dj strip to the side of the stand for easy on and off electrical components.

Luke and his dad found the stand somewhere used and cut a new top for it. Then cut out the bottom so there would be room in the sump for the skimmer, and stained the whole thing. After that was done i drilled and plumbed the tank. Recent photos coming will show the ato setup fitting perfectly to the right of the sump, as well as the sweet sliding doors they made for the stand. We also mounted a american dj strip to the side of the stand for easy on and off electrical components.

lol! Thanks Chase!

Goodjobguys you have entered into this cult. I will order your robes, funky shoes and extra cups for your special juice. Seriously though your tank looks awesome, and it is nice that IROLL is there to follow you through to help you out. There are a lot of good people on here and do not be afraid to ask questions. Lots of research, and planning before you do anything otherwise (I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE) this hobby can get expensive.

Goodjobguys you have entered into this cult. I will order your robes, funky shoes and extra cups for your special juice. Seriously though your tank looks awesome, and it is nice that IROLL is there to follow you through to help you out. There are a lot of good people on here and do not be afraid to ask questions. Lots of research, and planning before you do anything otherwise (I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE) this hobby can get expensive.

Don't forget, he still needs to pass the saltwater initiation test!
086_86-1.jpg

Breaking in the skimmer and ATO setup. Luke is about to find out about GLAMOR SHOTS!!! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::lol::lol::lol:

71839_153373354704972_100000969265580_240444_19532_n.jpg

Photo0309.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

:lol: cost for building the tank :)

Had to add you to the glamour list! It should be your avatar.

yo mang... glad the light is workin out for yous...
tank looks awesome so far... :)

now go get some black krylon and paint that damn white elbow on ur drain!!!!:)
Photo0278.jpg

and i bet you could conceal that pump behind the rockwork if u tinkered with it a bit... ;)

Last edited:
yo mang... glad the light is workin out for yous...
tank looks awesome so far... :)

now go get some black krylon and paint that damn white elbow on ur drain!!!!:)
Photo0278.jpg

and i bet you could conceal that pump behind the rockwork if u tinkered with it a bit... ;)

Yea me and my brother were wanting to some how paint it but did not know what kind of paint to use! What exactly is the black krylon?

krylon is a brand of paint designed to bond to plastic and has been used in countless reef tanks... just make sure you dry it thouroghly before you put it in the tank. you can get it at any home despot.

Back