Lumatek MH Ballast.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I love these ballasts ed, my bro in law uses them on his reef and he loves them too. they have been making ballasts for the horticulture industry for years, and they are excellent, so I'm really glad to see them in the aquaria industry now.

I run a 250W on my tank Ed. So far so good. My only issue is I can't seem to get it to work with my aquacontroller. That said it is a first gen aquacontroller (stop laughing now) so it could be the AQ and not the ballast. Does work well though. Nice color, runs reasonably cool....solid.

Reed,
There is a cord for reduction of radio frequencies available. That may be a fix for you. I do remember reading about that issue. It is listed by distributors.

Ed, I've been using these ballasts in 250W for a while now. I have one of the new model and 2 of the previous model ... the improvement is something to do with radio frequency shielding and the new purple jacket that has inlet and outlet sockets for easier disconnection. They do overdrive the lamps but the intensity is great and the colour out of my Reeflux 12k lamps is superb.

Without a doubt, these are the best ballasts that I have used, e-ballast or mag-ballast.

Tone :)

love these ballast I run a couple of them I plan on getting more once the new models come out I saw them at RAP last year they will now come in 250 400 and 175-150 and you will be able to change between the settings. they are supposed to be out early this year. if not already out. but definataly they way to go .quiet less heat and drive the bulbs I ran mine with a radium....

A Marine Depot representative contacted me.. The dual mode 250/400 Lumatek ballast are available. If sold out they were available.
Appreciate the Good people at Marine Depot!:):)

Back