Lunar lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
This may sound stupid but the package didn't state. I bought two Current- lunar lights that you can chain together. I stuck them inside the canopy with two sided tape until I decide where I want to "permanently" install them. I know it's ok if they get wet but should one decide to fall into the tank, is that going to electrocute any of my fish?? (Ok, stop laughing).:cry:

I'd be wary of it personally. Is there a way to mechanically fasten them to the hood? I'd be more worried about starting a fire than electrocuting your fish. ;)

Does it have a large wall power brick? Something like maybe your cell phone charger might have? If they do they're low voltage probable 12vdc or less.

But now to the problem at hand. I would personally find another way to fasten them. Something a little more secure than double sided tape. Any amount of voltage going into the tank would be bad. I'm sure you can do some searching up here and find a few people that have had problems with electricity and their tank.

The little bit of dc voltage isnt going to hurt anything. Still put screw in or your new lights will be junk when they hit the water.

Don

Back