MACNA 2005 Pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
Okay, so they are not all MACNA related, I took a night tour of DC as well so they are all here ... thought I would share them.

9-15-05_capital_building_1.jpg

9-15-05_capital_building_2.jpg

9-15-05_iwo_jima_memorial.jpg

9-15-05_iwo_jima_memorial_2.jpg

9-15-05_korean_war_memorial.jpg

9-15-05_lincoln_memorial.jpg

9-15-05_lincoln_memorial_2.jpg

9-15-05_lincoln_memorial_3.jpg

9-15-05_viet_nam_memorial.jpg

9-15-05_washington_monument.jpg

Now some MACNA Photos

Walt Smith ...

9-16-05_macna_walt_smith.jpg

Exhibit Hall Entrance ...

9-16-05_macna_exhibit_hall_entrance.jpg

Inside the Exhibit Hall ...

9-16-05_macna_exhibit_hall_1.jpg

9-17-05_macna_exhibit_hall.jpg

Our friends from Seachem ...

9-16-05_macna_seachem.jpg

Our friends from Premium Aquatics ...

9-16-05_macna_premium_aquatics.jpg

Our friends from Deltec ...

9-16-05_macna_deltec.jpg

And Hanging out a bit

A bunch of folks hanging out in the bar area ...

9-16-05_macna_hanging_out_bar_1.jpg

Mike ... needing some sleep I think (or just pissed at me for taking the picture maybe) ...

9-17-05_macna_mike.jpg

Nikki ...

9-17-05_macna_nikki.jpg

Our buddy Gene (Zenya)...

9-17-05_macna_gene.jpg

Cool pics Chuck! Thanks for sharing them with us. Your country is soo beautiful. Hope you guys got more to share with us who didn't get to attend.

LOL - nice pics, Chuck - the evening pics from the tour/trolley ride from hell turned out fantastic! (it was a great tour, just went on forever). I also wanted to say that the last pics of Mike, Gene, and I were taken early in the morning after a late night. BTW - where are the ones with you in them?

I'll link this thread to Alberto and Gene for their pics when ready...

Wow I had no idea, looks very interesting. Looks like I will be going next year, trade show for fish, I like it!!

Nice photography.

Ken

Great photos....I'm REALLY bummed out I missed it this year, I really could have used the break, and I'd have loved to meet everybody....oh well, maybe next year I'll be in a better position to attend....I hope you all had a blast!

MikeS

I had a great time too. Finally got to meet Chuck and Nikki. Meet Gene too. Here are some pictures.

01.jpg

This device stole the show for me. I had actually just told someone the day before about this idea I had for 2 years. Come to find someone had already done it and had it in the show.
02.jpg

Deltec Booth
03.jpg

Fragexchange booth.
04.jpg

The nemesis of my skimmer
05.jpg

Sweet Deltec made tank/complete set up
06.jpg

Frags galore!!
07.jpg

What can I say about this? :D
08.jpg

Deltec's tank equipment section
10.jpg

Their fierce competition
11.jpg

Members of my old Baltimore based club (CMAS)
14.jpg

Minimum attendance to most talks
15.jpg

Calfo's talk
16.jpg

Nikki, aaarrrggghhhhh :lol:
17.jpg

Sea Dwelling Creatures booth giving away the entire booth
18.jpg

This is Rick Leishman. Rick is a member of CMAS and WAMAS. He bought $50 in raffle tickets only to win the most expensive bottle of Purple Up in history. You go Rick :lol: :lol:
19.jpg

Masive raffle under way
20.jpg

Julian Sprung's talk on sponges
21.jpg

Charles Delbeek making us drool over gigantic tanks around the world.
22.jpg

Hey Marc, thanks for stopping by. Great to see and talk to you at MACNA this year. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you took as well.

Alberto, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Thanks for hanging with us and keeping Mike in line :)

Thanks for hanging with us and keeping Mike in line

Task not easily acomplished...
haha.gif

Alberto, it was really nice to meet you too, finally. :)

I took few images at the conference as well but it seems that Chuck and Alberto covered most of it, so I'll just add a shot of the gang that I took, to sorta add to perspective. :lol:
Here's Mike about to say something really wise...
cwm.gif

IMG_5450.JPG

and Chuck's failed attempt to block Mike...

IMG_5451.JPG

and lastly, I don't remember what size this tank was but I do remember wondering about how many fish was in it.... believe me, it wasn't a large tank or anything. :rolleyes:
Count them up for yourselves.
IMG_5443_original.jpg

I also like to add that I had lots of fun hanging with the reeffrontiers crew and they made it really worth coming this year for me. Thanks, gang! :)

zhenya said:
Here's Mike about to say something really wise...

LOL - a wise crack, I'm sure....and most likely pointed at me for something ditzy I did.

LOL - I love that pic of Alberto flashing the reef gang sign :lol:. What was that comment Gene, on our way back from the late night tank tour we did?.....we looked like the mafia gone economical. That was hilarious. Too bad we didn't get a pic of all of us in the car.

Great pics posted by everyone. Sorry I missed seeing some of you again this year and hope to next year.
Nice tank in the Deltec booth. :eek:

NaH2O said:
LOL - a wise crack, I'm sure....and most likely pointed at me for something ditzy I did.

LOL - I love that pic of Alberto flashing the reef gang sign :lol:. What was that comment Gene, on our way back from the late night tank tour we did?.....we looked like the mafia gone economical. That was hilarious. Too bad we didn't get a pic of all of us in the car.

Yeah, I just imagined the picture in my mind... picture two really big guys( enforcer type, I could hardly see over their shoulders) in the front sit and two of us in the back in a little rental car...mafia gone broke... I thought it was hilarious too. :lol:

Maryrosi said:
Nice tank in the Deltec booth.

Yeah, really nice tank but I was afraid to ask Mr.Saxby what this thing may cost...since I couldn't possibly afford something like that anyway. However, I thought as well that tank and equipment was incredible.

you mentioned the "device that stole the show" for you. the one you had been thinking about for a couple years... What is it? :)

Back