macros

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bens63imp

29 DT w/ 24 aquapod fuge
new to growing macros in fuge. So finaly managed to grow some algea in my fuge and time to thin them out, sould I tear it up to thin or is giving a good flat top a good idea and leave all good roots a permanent home to stay?

thatguy559, needs to thin out but maybe you don't wnat mine at this point just had an outbreak of ick, no good but is better! would be glad to help out if I could

Do you have Mangrove plants? If not, you have Macro Algae. Mangroves and Sea Grass are about the only true marine plants that are found, in our hobby. Algae does have "hold fasts," which, while not roots, will adhere to objects.

If you have Mangroves, there are specific ways that they need to be trimmed, and I'm unsure of the procedure.

If you want more specific information, it'll be necessary to give us more information about your Macro Algae/Plant. What species do you have?

The stuff that’s taking over has a feathery look to the leaves and has what looks like roots into the gravel bed. I don’t have a picture of it but looks kind of like ferns leaves.

Back