major disaster

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

carneyguy

hi, i have been reef keeping for about 1 1/2 years. my tank was doing great until one night the bottom fell out. i lost a lot of corals but i was able to save my fish and most of my mushrooms,star polyps,zoos,and sponges. but i had to hurry up and set up my new 150 gal tank and it had no time to cycle. so yes i had some major algea blooms. its been about 3 monthes now and my tank seems to be very stable. i have coraline algea growing like wild fire. now im ready to restock on some more hard and soft corals. i will keep you posted.

I'm sorry for your troubles. What a heart stopper that must have been! It's nice to see you're on the road to recovery, and I wish you the best!

Wow! I couldn't imagine what you went through. That really sucks! I'm glad to see you are up and running again and I wish you the best of luck getting your tank back in order...:)

more importantly, what brand of tank was it so I know what not to buy... I sure don't want to buy a tank that is gonna have the bottom fall out..

well i would have to say it had way to much live rock in it . but it was just an old 80 gal i had.

ouch.... Im glad to hear youve got it under control. keep us posted and put up some pics if possible...we just love those around here..

I thought he was just making a comment when he said the bottom fell out! I didn't he meant "the bottom fell out!" Wow that must have sucked! My sump came apart on me once (glass) and now I have a new once (acrylic). oh but what a mess that was.

Wow! I thought my latest disaster was bad....I can't imagine the bottom falling out! Good luck with the stocking...don't forget to post pics!

Back