Mandrin Goby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Admiral Awesome

Does anyone know where To get a mandrin goby that eats frozen? I am willing to seriously pay big for one. Or if anyone knows how to easily convert one? I only have a biocube and I wouldn't be able to sustain the love food in there for him well enough.

Does anyone know where To get a mandrin goby that eats frozen? I am willing to seriously pay big for one. Or if anyone knows how to easily convert one? I only have a biocube and I wouldn't be able to sustain the love food in there for him well enough.

I think Barrier reef can get the ORA captive raised mandrins

user Sullest was selling some he had trained I beleive. I've had one since May that only just now am I seeing eating mysid shrimp and prawn roe from a turkey baster that I use to place small amounts of food on the rock in front of him. Makes me pretty happy to see him chow down on that prawn roe!

user Sullest was selling some he had trained I beleive. I've had one since May that only just now am I seeing eating mysid shrimp and prawn roe from a turkey baster that I use to place small amounts of food on the rock in front of him. Makes me pretty happy to see him chow down on that prawn roe!

How did toy train him? Did you just put it on the rock?

I bought the first pair barrier had about a month ago. They are doing very well. Growing like crazy.

ora mandarin spawning event

just had my mandarins spawn last night. swam up to the front of the glass locked side by side and when i surprised them they threw about 50 eggs into the water column. pretty cool. I freaked out. anyone else have this happen?

Mandarins are some of the most popular, easily available, and cheapest fish on the saltwater market. They experience the greatest mortality rate of marine fish as well. Given these two facts, and given the nature of capitalism (let alone the evolutionary advancement of the marine and reef hobby), I believe we'll be hearing a lot more stories of mandarins eating frozen and pellet food and thriving in tanks once thought impossible to sustain them.

Mandarins are some of the most popular, easily available, and cheapest fish on the saltwater market. They experience the greatest mortality rate of marine fish as well. Given these two facts, and given the nature of capitalism (let alone the evolutionary advancement of the marine and reef hobby), I believe we'll be hearing a lot more stories of mandarins eating frozen and pellet food and thriving in tanks once thought impossible to sustain them.

Copy and Paste much?

http://joshday.com/mandaringoby.htm

WOW! :eek: Plagiarism at its best. On a serious note, if you want to quote a few sentences from an article you have read you need to use quotes to indicate that this info is not yours but someone else's thoughts, words or ideas. Followed by where you attained that information. I'm sure this was not meant in any harm however, in the academic setting this is considered a crime and can end by expulsion from higher education. ;)

Last edited:
I've had both a green mandarin and a spotted or psychedelic mandarin start eating frozen foods on their own. I just happened to notice one day that each one of them (in separate tanks) were chasing down food as it floated by (mysis, other meaty foods). My spotted or psychedelic mandarin is so fat he looks like a tootsie roll!!! It takes time so you should stock with copepods until or if you see them eating other food.

Back