Mantis ID?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Stomatopod

Today I just got another little mantis (like the size of a quarter) and the lfs never told me the exact species nor do I see it on roy's list... Sorry I can't get a picture she tucked herself in a rock pretty good and in a container submerged in my tank making matters worse..

Description:
Colors: White meral spot, pure red coloration. Claws have multicolored patterns on them similar to a wennerae. Antennal scales clear like a ciliata/virdas.
Actions: Very loud, spent all night hitting rocks and even startled me in the morning, chases my finger around, eyeballed my scooter blenny through the container not even 5 seconds after she was added. Gives threat display like orange spots and purple spots do. Brown eyes.

she looks exactly like an orange spot but she is pure red with very little white dots, white meral spot, and clear antennal scales.
Only thing I can tell is that its a female.. and that its a mantis..

I'm thinking it is a wennerae because there is a color difference based on enviroment per molt and red is one of them and the claws look exactly the same on the inside. Now my problem is.. would she eat "frozen" mysis she is litterally ghost shrimp size :baby:

Back