marcorocks liverock and sand any good?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklcd

nursing eel
Hey all

I have started to look for my rock and sand and I found this website through the forum here for marcorocks. I had a look and the rock and sand looks great I just want to make sure that is it inface good quality stuff.

Any thoughts?

Yea I have about 800 lbs mix of their different rock sitting on my deck and can say its real nice. Whats cool about it (besides that it isnt full of dieing stuff like LR) is that they pieces although different in shape and size, come together real nice and allow you to get fancy with your structures. Also because its dry it gives you some time to do the rockscape with out worrying about killing stuff.

I like it
Oh and on the sand it is very fine, I mean very fine.

Mojo

I am thinking that a 75 lbs dry to 40 lbs live should be a good mix and the 75 lbs will seed over time. I am also thinking of throwing some in my sump as well

I got about 150 lbs of dry from them in 2 different orders. The first order was 3 pieces of about 100 lbs that they sent pictures of for me to look over. I just gave them the max size they could be and they did the rest. The largest was about 40 lbs and the other 2 were around 30 lbs each.

I've heard great things about marcorock as well as reefrocks. I have not purchased from either yet but in the near future I will be adding some more rock to the tank.

We have about 100 lbs of the rock mixed into our tank and love the stuff. It colors up nice and has lots of holes for frags and critters/fish to hide. It is also very stackable and workable into different shapes if wanted and it's easy to make look like you didn't cut it. Best part about it is that it is not harvested from a live reef so you are not harming anything purchasing this rock. It is mined from old buried dead reefs on dry land. Nothing but good to report here.

Back