Marie's reef flat

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Guerry

Well lets start this from the beginning, I set up a 100gal hex tank then told my wife Marie it was her's. This worked great till I got tried of this system and sold it! I didn't know that she had really enjoyed it so much and really just thought she was going along with my little game to have another system. I had a 240gal arcylic built with 3/4 cellcast that was just sitting around awhile back and thought it would make two really cool frag tanks so to the table saw it went. After all the work I put into I just let it sit in the shop for a year and even thought of selling the one I had ready. well to make along story short her old tank had not even made it out the drive way before she informed me we would be setting up this tank to replace the one I just sold so here we go! After alittle cleaning to get all the shop dust and cobwebs gone here's pic of her new tank moved into the house

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

so with tank moved in we began the plumbing, first we piped the returns threw the overflow box

IMG_0594-1.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

with that done it was time to plumb the closedloop system for this you used an Oceans Motions 4way

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602-1.jpg

next was plumbimg the built in water change system and by the way all of my systems have these but this was the first one that I've built into the sump, I love this setup makes things so so eazy

IMG_0601.jpg

more later this is one cool system!

Well we won't make you wait to long! LOL Here's few pic's of Tank as of today

IMG_0640-1.jpg

IMG_0634-1.jpg

IMG_0638-1.jpg

IMG_0647-1.jpg

IMG_0641-1.jpg

not bad for three weeks Aa I would never recomend some one new to hobby going this fast we do heavy Bac. dosing and live rock was full of life coming right out of my rock curing system

I love the shape of that tank!! Really nice job you did with it as well! Looks great! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well lets start this from the beginning, I set up a 100gal hex tank then told my wife Marie it was her's. This worked great till I got tried of this system and sold it! I didn't know that she had really enjoyed it so much and really just thought she was going along with my little game to have another system. I had a 240gal arcylic built with 3/4 cellcast that was just sitting around awhile back and thought it would make two really cool frag tanks so to the table saw it went. After all the work I put into I just let it sit in the shop for a year and even thought of selling the one I had ready. well to make along story short her old tank had not even made it out the drive way before she informed me we would be setting up this tank to replace the one I just sold so here we go! After alittle cleaning to get all the shop dust and cobwebs gone here's pic of her new tank moved into the house

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

so with tank moved in we began the plumbing, first we piped the returns threw the overflow box

IMG_0594-1.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

with that done it was time to plumb the closedloop system for this you used an Oceans Motions 4way

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602-1.jpg

next was plumbimg the built in water change system and by the way all of my systems have these but this was the first one that I've built into the sump, I love this setup makes things so so eazy

IMG_0601.jpg

more later this is one cool system!

Very nice set up!!
Could you give some more info on your water change system?? I am planning a new build and I would like to add this feature into my sump system.
Thanks

Peppie

VERY VERY COOL! Guerry, another feat of Reefkeeping Genius. Now is she going to let you have any control once completed.... or just the maintenance.

Cheers, Todd

VERY VERY COOL! Guerry, another feat of Reefkeeping Genius. Now is she going to let you have any control once completed.... or just the maintenance.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks, Marie is good about keeping everything clean heck she even knows how to storm the rock when needed I just have to do the mecanical stuff

the water change system is pretty simple, I have two equal size chambers one is flow thrue and the other is salt mix tank. When I want to do water change I just bypass the flow thue tank with ball valves then pump it down after that I just pump water from mix tank over. For each system I build the tanks based 10% volume of total system. Here's a few pic's of system I built for my clownfish breeding system, it's stand alone but works same way

IMG_0539-1.jpg

IMG_0540-1.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

something I don't know if showed up in any of those pic's is I also have RO/DI plumbed into these system with float valve for consistant fill levels

IMG_0631-1.jpg

IMG_0632-1.jpg

this Ro/DI supply is also conected to my Spectra Pure ATO system

Well yes and no it's and Avast skimmer kit I built a few years back and thought I'd put it to work, there ok but nothing to write home about LOL

Tank is 72"x 25"x15" and built with 3/4 arcylic, I know 25" wide seems strange but I didn't build it I just cut it in half LOL

Back