Marine Fish Quiz

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

leebca

I hope you've been taking notes. This is a pop quiz. It is a short quiz. Take out a notebook and number from 1 to 1,000. :D

Think you know a lot about marine fishes? Try your hand at answering these questions: (Cut 'n paste the quiz in your word processor. Hold on to your answers until the end of August. Post your answers on the last day of August, 2007).

1. How does a marine fish make its blood?

2. Name all the functions of a marine fish's gills?

3. How many kidneys does a fish have? What is the function of the marine fish kidney(s)?

4. Describe what the marine fish stomach looks like.

5. The swim bladder is known to help the fish stabilize itself in the water. What gas is in the swim bladder?

6. How many lymph glands does a marine fish have?

7. Name all the functions of the fish mucous coating you can.

8. What does a Tang eat?

9. When a fish is 'piping' what is it doing? Name the primary cause(s) for a marine fish to do this.

10 When a marine fish is under stress, does the blood count go up or down?

Good luck! (For extra credit, what is the full name of the person who posted this quiz).

Answers posted on Sepember 1, 2007.

Try first without looking up the information and see how far you can get. Then open-book and open-web! :D

Have fun! :)

Just a reminder that the last day of the quiz is close by.

Answers will be posted on September 1, 2007. If you want, you can post your answers the last day of August, or just hold them until the answers are posted.

Leave the answer blank if you're unsure. No need to guess.

I am hoping this is a fun way to learn more about our salt fin friends. :D

Just a reminder that the last day of the quiz is close by.

Answers will be posted on September 1, 2007. If you want, you can post your answers the last day of August, or just hold them until the answers are posted.

Leave the answer blank if you're unsure. No need to guess.

I am hoping this is a fun way to learn more about our salt fin friends. :D

From the amount of responses this has, you could probably post the answers now Lee.

I don't know Charlie. No one has to 'sign up' for the quiz. I'm hoping there are those who read it and, without posting, are going to participate. There are a respectable number reading the thread. I suspect our usual 30+ suspects.

Maybe they have subscribed to the thread through the subscribe link. Maybe they will enjoy learning without participating. Hard to tell with these things. The 'silent majority' et al.

If it's a 'ho-hum' I won't repeat it, obviously. ;)

This Friday is the last day. Less than a week.

Even with the open book, I know I would fail miserably. What I am gonna do is copy and paste the questions, and when you post the answers, I will copy and paste them. I have a folder in a notebook where I will put all that.
Obviously, according to this, I don't know anything about the animals I own, so it will be good to know a little more about the biology.

Fish eye and

I know the one about a fish's eye is about the same size as its stomache because it is a good way to explain to people that they are over feeding.I guess only one question right isn't going to help me pass this class is it?

Lee, just noticed that I was supposed to hold my answers until Friday . . oops. I guess that is why I cannot see them now, you must have removed the post. I just got excited when I finished it and wanted to post my efforts before I leave on vacation today. In fact I am leaving in just a couple hours and am just getting my last RF fix, I likely wont have access for a week (I am taking a laptop just in case).

I am looking forward to seeing the correct answers when I return!

Ok let's cheat what is lee full name and does this include middle name or just inital? Lee what do you say?

Kris,

I just moved it into another thread for now. Travel safely! :)

Last chance. Answers will be posted first thing tomorrow morning (Sat.. Sept 1). Have your answer sheet standing by.

You get to grade your own test so you can post it today sometime, or just hold it. Leave the answer blank if you're unsure, guessing isn't necessary or beneficial. Having fun and learning is the goal. :D

:)

Back