marlinmero

Marlin
finally got all the parts for my tank.
PC110050.jpg

PC110049.jpg

PC110051.jpg

PC110048.jpg

PC110046.jpg

no its a small slow leak but still a pain. its leaking up in the back underneath where the return line goes into one of the bulk heads, so i have to get in there and add more plumbers tape.

just gravity thats all i ever use.twist the base rock to the bottome of the sand then stack from there. kinda wash my hand around and blow water on each piece as i stack it to check for stability

finally an update been super busy with my new house and long vacation to Mazatlan. Had an out break of ick. so i have bought a quarantine tank. "havent needed one for 5 years but luck ran out" so its sat for a couple months now so i bought a new lion yesterday and am going to have him in the quarantine for a 4 weeks. I dont think he was stressed all, i put him and 3 cromis in the bucket to drip acclimate and he instantly ate two of the cromis. I have to add i got to the store as they were unloading him out of there shipping box. So thats why he has such a big belly. Almost matches mine. lol

P3240174.jpg

P3240173.jpg

Cool looking lionfish. I've always had a fondness for them.
Lions usually don't get too stressed out. Give him something to perch on or maybe even hid in and some food every couple days and keep the water clean and he should be ok with the q-tank.
What are you using for a biological filter?

Where's the new house?

i put a ceramic bowl and a cup in there for him to hide in. i plan on going and getting a chunk of pvc to put in there for him. and far is filtering i just have a HOB biowheel filter and im trying to find a cheap HOB protein skimmer.
The house is over on the westside by bark and garden across the street from that fruit stand

well its been a few weeks and he looks happy and healthy. His new home has sat empty for a couple months now so i restacked all the rocks tucked away the cords and what not. i did a water change two days ago and i plan on doing another one tomorrow and then in goes the lion fish. Here are some pics of the rock work re done after the collapse.
IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

Back