Maroon Clowns Breeding

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefJeff

Hello Everyone,

I have a situation I could use some advice on. I have 2 male and one large female maroon clowns breeding. is this a problem having 2 males in the tank? Seems they both want to fertilize her eggs. They don't fight amongst each other for the job, it seems like they all get along as a trio.

My question is, should I be concerned that one male may hurt the other?

This is interesting. I have never heard of more than a pair of clowns together while breeding especially with maroons. I guess I would just watch them and see if anything develops you know what they say "If it isn't broken don't fix it".

From what I've read, maroon clowns are quite aggressive in nature, but perhaps, since all three have been in the same environment for an extended period of time, that aggression has subsided a bit for your fish. I agree with whitson and would let things play out. If there is no foul-play against each other I'd say you're in the clear! Good luck!

well.... from what i understand.. they are all females until one beats the other one up and makes her become a male... i could be backwards on that... but the problem you have is 3,

one is going to change and pair with one of them... the odd ball out will either get over it and wait (after much fighting) or not get over it.. and be the winner

id not do anything and spend some time observing.... how long have they been (all 3) together?

Back