maxspect led temps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

joealbin

So I'm running the maxspect led 160 in my hood of my 37 gallon tank. I have not put water in yet but im still building so soon enough i will have water in it. The question is what is the average temp that it is running for other owners? Anybody have it in a hood and what temp are you getting? I drilled and put a vent in the hood right at the position of the fan so it will blow the hot air out the top. Im getting about 51 to 52 c with all lights running is that normal if somebody can give me some of their numbers that would be awesome.

well its in the hood so the back is open. I was thinking of putting is some fans in the back to blow air in but I dont know if that will be very effective at all. I will try getting pics up later of the install so its a lil easier to understand

My 160w run at 36 to 37degC with only the blue and white 3w bulbs on. I will post again the temp later today when the 30w whites fire up for a couple hours. I think it is still in the low 40s so you are probably running a bit hot and it could reduce the life of your unit even though you are below the alarm level limit internally set.

Okay lights full on and they are running at 44degC for your reference. Tank is open top. Lights are suspended and about 4in above surface.

well thanks for the info. I think I might put a fan in the vent to help the fan push the hot air out of the hood. There is about inch to inch and a half between the fan and the vent in the hood so the air should blow out the vent. But the its only like a 6 inch hood so its sitting at the top were the heat is, so hopefully the fan can draw it out.

Back