McCosker's Popeye

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

greenmonkey51

I noticed tonight that my female McCoskers has one eye that is bulged out. Is there anything I can do. I know a hospital tank setup would help, but there isn't a way to catch it without tearing apart all the rockwork and moving corals around. Only one eye is affected. Is there a medicated food or med I can add to food to help fight any infection.

The condition has been known to go away on its own, or to kill the fish. Some people do nothing; some do the best for the fish which is to move it into a hospital tank where it will be treated with an antibiotic that works systemically (entering the fish's body through the skin).

None of your other ideas have been known to work.

Doing nothing worked. She is all better and the eye looks great. I did lose my Male McCosker though. I looked everywhere inside the tank and outside. A couple people said they've had flashers just disappear never to be seen again.

Doing nothing worked. She is all better and the eye looks great. I did lose my Male McCosker though. I looked everywhere inside the tank and outside. A couple people said they've had flashers just disappear never to be seen again.

You either have great cleaners or you'll find fish jerky one day when you least expect it.

Back