meeting times

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trido

Fish Tank Freak
In the past, if my memory serves correct, meetings were typically held around six or seven o-clock in the evening. Last year a poll was posted about general consensus when the meetings should be held because some were complaining that they were too late. I was one of those complaining so thats why I remember. I beleive they were moved up to around four or five in the afternoon.
We had the last meeting from 10-2 because that was when we were able to book the room but now the frag swap is posted from 11-3. Its at my house so I could actually care less when it is. Im thinking that asking people to get out of bed, drink coffee, bag up corals and be on the road by ten in the morning might be a bit too early in the day. Especially when we want Ed to attend and his drive is several hours. Also, having the meeting in the middle of the day eats up a whole day rather than having it in the late afternoon reefers with families can still accomplish "other" important things in the day as well. Im proposing that we post another poll to see what the general concesus is once again for the years scheduled meetings. We should get right on this so if we need to change the posted time it wont be too late to do so.

LMK wha tyou think.

Last edited:
Duane, you've the right point. When deciding about those times, my thinking was to make it at a time where people can come, meet and have enough times to do other things if they want to since it's a saturday. Secondly, given meeting is 4 hours long, it gives opportunities to both early riser (to make it @ 11:00) and late risers to show up as late as 2.

I am fine with changing or moving the times from 12-4 if this will work with everyone else.

My thinking was to have it closer to two or three. Noon to four literally eats up the middle of an eight A.M to eight P.M day. Also when we have guest speakers, (on the rare occasion) they often have to work on friday and catch a plane saturday morning. Noon doesnt allow them to get into Seattle at a reasonable time and make it to a presentation. We need to keep the meeting time consistant from month to month so people can plan ahead. I'll go ahead and post a poll so we can get an idea of what the members of the club would like.

WTH?

So now Im really confused! I just recieved two E-mails.
The first one stating that we are moving away from E-vites which is fine but then quotes the original meeting time of eleven AM.

Then, the actuall E-vite that states the meeting is at TEN AM. I can assure you. I sure as hell wont be ready to have people showing up at ten in the morning.

If we are going to send E-vites we had better proof read them before sending them out to the masses. Im sure everyone will be quite confused about this.

I thought the poll was pretty clear that the majority wanted the meetings between twelve and two. What happened?

Duane, I am sorry that I missed the time on the evite (keyboard error). I am going to fix it by doing the following

1. Fix the post on reeffrontiers to move the meeting from 1-5
2. Send Evite invitation correction to move the meeting from 1-5
3. Reply to Gmail from to move the meeting from 1-5.

Duane, I am sorry that I missed the time on the evite (keyboard error). I am going to fix it by doing the following

1. Fix the post on reeffrontiers to move the meeting from 1-5
2. Send Evite invitation correction to move the meeting from 1-5
3. Reply to Gmail from to move the meeting from 1-5.

You shouldnt be sorry. I should. One thing I can promise everyone on the BOD, I have been and always will be very candid with my thoughts. Sometimes with very little couth. Sorry if I offend anyone. :p

Back