mh ballast ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
i bought a used hamilton reef star 14k light set up complete with the ballast but im not gonna use the light right now

the ballast it came with is a icecap ballast, and it dosent say any thing about only being for a hqi buld it only says MH250

does this mean i can use it on a mogul based socket also???

if so thats awesome than i only gotta buy 1 more ballast!!!

thanks ahead of time!!!

If it was just a hqi ballast wouldnt it say it on there if there is such a ballast??? its just like this one
Or is it made to just power both hqi and mogul???

ice250nb.jpg

Trillyen,

Taken from IceCap Website. It's kind of hard to find up here since there website kind of stinks but It look like you're in luck.

http://209.204.76.225/aq.htm
Just scroll on done to the 250MH and then in the bos to the right you'll see where I copied the info from below.

250MH

*Available in 120V, 220V and 277V models

*Fully electronic platform, not a hybrid

*Will ignite ANY 250W Metal Halide lamp

*High Power Factor: >.94

*Cold Temperature Tested to –20 degrees Celsius

*Sound rating: Class A

*Thermal Protected: Class P

*End of lamp life protected

*Weight: 3 Lbs.
*Dimensions: 8.4” X 3.7” X 2”

Hey thanks that makes me feel great that means i can go out and buy a bulb this weekend Heck yeah!!!

thanks james looks like you not only a wiz in the tank but in silicone valley to huh, lol!!!

thanks man you all help ful and stuff

So which one do you reccommend i get this weekend,

a bulb or a ballast???

its one of the 2

it really dont matter to me i just want your 2 cents, kinda wanna pic your brain if ya will!!!

That is a a great ballast, If you plan on using two MH lights, I'd get one in place & working with the reflector socket bulb etc. & later add the second MH light, may look a little funny being bright on one side but at least you can get an idea what it will look like under the MH! JMO:D

Trillyen,

I'd go with what Scooter recommended. Get the bulb now and get on working then add the other as time & $ permit.

P.S.
Yep, I'm one of those Silicone Valley workers. Just based out of the NW area. As for the tank comment, not a wiz, still learning like the rest. :)

oh and you modest to huh james lol, you and scooter seem to be the best of the bunch so far

thanks alot for youyr help and i will get my reeflux bulb this weekend a 12.5

hey if i ever have and??s on the pc can you help me out james???

or do you charge for labor??? lol

thanks again!!!

LOL.... No PC support for this guy. I have enough work keeping customer's networks working much less working on their workstations. :)

Back