Mini maxi and rock anemones hiding?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xxkenny90xx

I picked up these two anemones from a neglected, DIRTY tank recently and after i acclimated them via drop method, I put them both on their own rocks near the bottom of the tank. The rock moved to a nearby rock and the mini stayed put for 2 days, then I left town for a day, now their both hiding in the dark? I see the rock nem, not sure where the mini is, my question is, is there anything I should do for them (like move them back into the light)? Or should I just a leave them alone? I'd hate to lose them due to lack of light..

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

well i have about 20 of the mini maxi's. my guess is that your lights are brighter them the person that had them. i would let them be. mini maxi's will move on there own to get the right shot that they like.

That's for the quick reply, I figured I should leave it be, the guy had 4 t5s on a 55g, I have 4 t5s and 2 250w halides on a 90

I haven't target feed them yet, should I move them in the open so I can??

Just tried to feed the rock a small piece of silverside, it didn't go for it

Target feeding nems in general is just a method that I have found helpful sometimes to convince a nem to stay put. If he doesn't want to eat, then he is still probably not recovered or sticky enough yet to try. Just leave him be and try again in a couple of days. Could try smaller food also just brine or mysis perhaps.

Sounds good, I alway feed my big rbta silversides bit I'll try some mysis in a few days

oh your the guy that stole them from me. i was talking to that guy. i tried to just buy the mini maxi's and rock anemone. he didn't want to do that. i thought about buying the whole set up. but with a broken leg its kinda hard to move a fish tank. sounds like you got a really good deal.

:D it was definitely a good deal for the whole set up although only one mini maxi and one rock nem look like their gonna make it

oh your the guy that stole them from me. i was talking to that guy. i tried to just buy the mini maxi's and rock anemone. he didn't want to do that. i thought about buying the whole set up. but with a broken leg its kinda hard to move a fish tank. sounds like you got a really good deal.

You too?

I thought I was going to get it.
Even made arrangements to pick it up.
Sent a text on the day before I was suppose to pick it up to get directions and time.
Got a return text saying that he decided to go with someone else.
Oh well, win some, lose some.

Hey sorry guys, didn't mean to steal anything, I just saw an add and replied to it. Thanks for all the advice

Hey sorry guys, didn't mean to steal anything, I just saw an add and replied to it. Thanks for all the advice

No need to apologize.
It was the seller who wasn't being straight forward.
Good score congrats.:)

I had a rock disappear for like 6 months, I found him when I upgraded tanks, he was a little pale but quickly recovered and never vanished again.

Back