mogul socket problem/question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
my mogul socket that i have is not completely attached to the reflector, i didn't notice when i first got it since i haven't used it yet, i can't get the screws to unscrew or screw more in cause the head is so small, i'm using one of those really small head flat head things but i can't get it to move it, could use some help on this
Andrew

MarineTeng:Quote""lefty loosie,righty tighty lol, actually a good quality screwdriver is important specially on slot heads,once the blade gets dull or rounded over it will slip or ruin the screwhead, are you trying to loosen the bracket from the ceramic socket? those are usually a philips head with an over long / for a blade,try a drop of veg oil and good luck

i'm trying to screw the bracket into the reflector like it's suppose to be, came from company unscrewed but didn't notice cause i always looked at it while it was sitting down not hanging, i'll try the oil, at this point i don't think i can get a good screw driver so i'm going to try pillers

might have been cross threaded at factory,if you can get it out try useing a nut bolt and washer in stainless steel, youll probably have to drill a bigger hole,see ya

hmmm, is that were there's a very little philipshead in the middle with a washer like thing on the outside and the threading on the screw isn't normal thanks for the help, i'll talk more when i get back

MarineTeng what you discribe is a sheet metal screw,has a thread like a wood screw and yes they can be hard to start,if the head is messed up just get another one should go right in

Back