Monthly update: What is going on in your club.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akunochi

Mr. Reckless
Well I like to keep people informed so I can get constant feedback. I figure one idea that was thrown around was a monthly newsletter, but unfortunately my schedule is far to chaotic right now to dedicate the time to that upkeep. As a compromise I am going to try and keep you informed via little blurbs here and over at thepsas.org.

In Hobby news:

As many of you know Sanjay Joshi as well as other experts in our hobby performed a Powerhead flow test to compare advertised vs real flow numbers. Unfortunately Tunze fell flat on its face in comparison to almost every other brand of powerhead. Since the Tunze has released its own study on flow vs turbulence in rebuttal.

Original Article
Original study

Tunze Rebuttal

Tunze flow vs turbulence

New breed of designer club coming from ORA. It is called the black snowflake.

New designer clown from ORA

In Club news.

We have been fortunate to have a constant stream of new sponsors as well as the return of many faithful sponsors. If you haven't already be sure to welcome ReefKoi, Gonzos Coral Frags, ZooMeds, and Dr Tim's to our growing list of sponsors. Theses sponsors bring in even more selection and opportunities to the club.

This month on 27 August Barrier Reef Aquariums of Renton, Wa will be having their annual BBQ sale. It is a great time and they will have mind blowing specials, video game competitions and a grill full of food. Be sure to come say hello and see all the beautiful livestock they have worked so hard to prepare for everyone. The PSAS Board of Directors will be there as well running the BBQ so all the BRA staff can focus on you the customer.

September will be the start of the official new year for PSAS. This is an opportunity to start fresh and expand our influence in the community of saltwater enthusiasts. On the 17th we will be hosting the Year opener Frag Swap in Tacoma Wa. at the house of our very own Myteemouse (Adam) and CrystalClear123 (Crystal). There will be plenty of frags available for trading or sale. This is also the perfect time to come out, renew your annual membership and see some friends.

In the future! In the upcoming months we are working on several exciting events. In the works right now we have a continuous workshop series planned. This would start with a custom built glass tank, a stand design that any hobbyist could do with a saw, square and drill, and wrapping up with a custom sump from acrylic.

Also in the works is a possible trip to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium to go behind the scenes with their aquarium staff to see the filtration and working system that allows them to keep the huge tropical and shark tanks healthy as well as the smaller systems for seahorses, corals and tidal creatures.

Oh and we have secured a location for Bob Moore.....

As always keep reefing and we hope to see you at the meetings!

Seth

Oh and we have secured a location for Bob Moore.....

As always keep reefing and we hope to see you at the meetings!

Seth
Why the news so light I could barely read it?!?! :)
Thanks for the news. How bout a link to a website or thread with more info in this "FRAG SWAP" on Sep 17th you speak of. I would like more info. :)

Back