Most beautiful critter found in my tank :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aquarookie

Pure Poison :)
Hi all!

I am back from hibernation (winter got me down, and it took half the summer to defrost my soul):lol:

I found these beauties in my carpet anemone tank a while ago, then I lost them, then they came back. I think they appear whenever the salinity goes up (meaning, whenever I get lazy and do not top off my tank for a few days).
Anyway, if anyone knows what they are or could be, I would love to hear ideas.

I would even share these guys with others to make sure they keep living (in case mine ever die out). They are really tiny though (the little bell is at most 1/16th of an inch in diameter, I believe) so you must be like me and love all things miniature in order to appreciate them in your tank.

They paste themselves to the inside of the glass and hang out on it, once in a while swimming up jellyfish style and then sinking back down.

I agree that they're some type of hydroid. I think these are a kind of jellyfish. In my situation, I know it's not due to a rise in the salinity though because I noticed a population BOOM during a hyposalinity treatment. They seemed to increase in population as my salinity dropped!!

Back