Most reliable heater?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vikubz

I have been using the ebo jaeger heaters and find that after a while they tend to stick in the 'on' mode. What are some good heaters that won't be likely to fail in this manner?

Thanks!

Buy a Ranco controller & use what you already have, best way, most heaters are cheaply made when it comes to the control part but the heater part works well on almost any of them.

I've had luck using Ebo-Jagers for the past 5 years or so....*knock on wood*.

The only other company that I will use their heater is the Visi-therm STEALTH, made by Aquarium Systems. They are all black, except for the temp dial. I run about 3 of them, all are running to spec.

However, I would choose the Ebo over the Stealths for the time being...

Best,
Ilham

I have heard you mention Rancho controllers a few times, and would like to know were to get one. I googled them and nothing. Thanks

Buy a Rancho controller & use what you already have, best way, most heaters are cheaply made when it comes to the control part but the heater part works well on almost any of them.

The only real downfall to the stealth heaters is that there is no "lighted" indication of whether it is on or not. So if it sticks on, you can't visually tell. Other than that, reasonably reliable to use.

The only real downfall to the stealth heaters is that there is no "lighted" indication of whether it is on or not. So if it sticks on, you can't visually tell. Other than that, reasonably reliable to use.

That's true, which is why a Ranco controller should be used.

However, usually if a heater sticks on, it happens when we're not home anyway...or so I've found out..and I've been able to visually tell if something is wrong with the tank.

Best,
Ilham

I Think a Controller is Key. As they all fail But with a controller it's so much better.
I use ebo-jagers controlled by a neptune controller with no problems. Before I hooked it to the controller it was always hit or miss !

:)

Paul

The only two controllers I would ever trust with heaters is ranco or love controls. All the ones made for aquariums including the aquarium controllers are built cheap. Ranco and Love are industrial controls that are made to withstand commercial use.

Don

I have my ebo-jager hooked to a reefkeeper 2 controller, and I must say it is a load off my mind, don't have to worry about the thing sticking on.

Back