Motorized ball valve problems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jmp21677

Did you touch my drum set
I have a motorized ball valve hooked to my manifold and it has stopped working. The selonoid is still working but the ball valve isn't changing water flow. Does anyone have any ideas. There is no way to manually change the flow to check if it has seized.

If it is the Hayward ball valve then you just remove the actuator & use the manual handle it came with to actuate the ball. My ball actually broke after a few months & I had to send it back & get a replacement under warranty, works like a charm, I rebuilt it completely & have photos in my thread in the members showcase forum, toward the last few pages.

Only problem is that I bought this tank from someone and I don't have the manual handle. But yes it is a hayward.

These valves come apart for repair easy but having that handle helps. I would call first & see what they say about that, if anything & If they don't want to help much then take it apart & see what is wrong with it, ordering a seal kits is like $13, the ball was around $112, not sure about the handle but can't be much, also you need lubricant. It is easy to work on & should be repairable.

Back