must be a curse.......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Steve B

about 3 weeks ago i went to empty my skimmer in my sump...when i noticed some salt on the floor of the stand, only to look up and dead center on the 20 gallon tank looking me straight in the eye was about a 6 inches long crack from the base to about the middle of the tank going at an angle :eek:...all this in only one day, cuz it certainly wasnt there the day before...so i temporarily put some metal tape over it (which does absolutly nothing to stop it, just keeps me from seeing it)

so about 3 days after that i went and got a new 20g to do the giant swap...when i mean giant im not kidding...not only do i have to remake the sump...but its inside my stand with the 55g on top of it...and it wont fit threw the door! this being said im sure you all know what this means...now i have to drain the 55g and catch all the fish...take apart all the pluming...move it...and then take the stand apart...and then put it all back together!

so apon preparing for this unwanted move...i was cleaning the walls of the 55g with a magnet cleaner about 5 days ago...................only to find a crack :doubt:....this was just depressing..........its about 2 1/2" long on the left wall from the top right corner headed to the middle.....this was a huge blow to me and my wallet...and my fish and my poor tank...

guess you could say im unlucky...or cursed...dunno...

but there is good news...my motto is always go big or go home...so i was able to talk the wifey into getting a 120g haha :D....so now the giant move has turned into a good but epic move...

so heres the up to date scoop 11/14/09 the sumps crack has grown 2 more inches and is about to reach the top...the 55g's crack hasent moved (unfortunatly this doesnt mean i dont have to replace it) and im going today to order my 120g and i will probably keep the 55g as a sump after replacing the left glass wall

theres my story

thanks for reading

Sometimes its the misfortunes in life that force us to make a change for the better.

That is a bummer about having two tanks crack on you. Hopefully you get that 120 gallon soon before something catastrophic happens. You are gonna love having a 120.

Give yourself plenty of time to move everything over to the new tank. I'm sure that some others here can give you some good advice on moving livestock into a new, larger set-up.

Back