My 10 gal 6-8 months old

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very nice man...Everything looks great especially for only being 6-8 months old. I only have one piece of constructive criticsm about the 4th attachment in your first post...Wash those dishes!!!!!! :p Thanks for sharing:)

I've been thinking of setting up a smaller tank like that, I was wondering if water fluctuations are harder to control with that small of a tank? I have been told they can be difficult to handle in a smaller tank. How do you like it?

very nice tank and i like your sand :D .

how much sand you got in there?

Gaby about 20 pounds of sand, that was the smallest bag I could find at the time and I decided that why waste 10 pounds of sand so I just poured it all it. I have 5 snails that live in the sand bed and clean it really well. My lawn mower also loves it Thanks
David

I've been thinking of setting up a smaller tank like that, I was wondering if water fluctuations are harder to control with that small of a tank? I have been told they can be difficult to handle in a smaller tank. How do you like it?

Water flux changes every day I normally top off the tank every day with fresh water to keep the salinty right. I do water changes every week and add chems once a day. It is more of a challange but very rewarding. This is my first actual reef and I love it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask
thanks
David

A few more pics this is the only shot I could get of the lawnmower he is very camera shy. The emerald pic is about 2 months old and he is alot bigger now but spends most his time hiding in the rock covered by waving hand a xenia.

Back