My 29g anemone tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
Its been awhile since I've taken or posted any pictures. This tank is anything but hardcore, it's pretty simple and maintenance free. I've just got 3 BTA's, 2 clowns, a Dwarf Lion, and a Hawkfish. Misc mushrooms and a leather make up the corals, my main focus is the anemones.

May 2005, tank view.
01.jpg

Down the side.
02.jpg

My how they have grown. They started as a half dollar sized anemone I saved from Petco in 2002. Pictured here they aren't quite fully open, when they do the top left one envelopes the entire rockwork. Pretty neat, the clowns love it I'm sure.

It might be "pretty simple" but it is definately is effective. GREAT LOOKING TANK!!

simple yet effective. Love it. The clown-anemone combo was what first got me into salt.

Mat

Thanks everyone.

What kind of lighting do you have on this tank?

Four 32W PC lamps, in two 15" hoods. Two bulbs are 10,000K, one bulb is actinic, one blub is a smartlight (10K/actinic mix) but when I buy new bulbs I will have two 10K, two actinic. I have them come on 12 hours a day.

I've always liked the clown/anemone combo. I had a clarkii before but had issues with it being too tempermental, I have it to colleen on here, and I think she still has it. But every since I got rid of it I kept wishing I still had clowns, then I found these two as a pair at a LFS and it was a no brainer.

Back