my 40gl breeder

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

austin6965

Hi there so I have a 40gl breeder tank in my room , I had 25gl bio cube but upgraded :) it has a 4 bulb T5 for lighting and a 20gl sump , its been set up since about Dec 5 2012 and for the most part have the same coral except a few . lost a lot of coral in the bio cube because of a heat problem in the summer... Sadly lost a couple coral in that but some survived :) at first I just planned on it being a coral only tank but then later on decided to add fish . I currently have two clown fish that I got from a pair of breeding clowns in a larger tank we have (dads tank) , then a sail fin tang , and finally a yellow clown goby I recently bought about a week ago. Coral wise I have two candy canes , meteor shower , two frog spawns , two types of fovias, hammer coral, 6 head dunkin, red challis, good sized Monti , and a couple polyps . also have a clam too. Growth has been kinda slow compared to the growth of my bio cube and I can't figure out why but everything seems to be healthy just not growing.... :? Can't post pictures at the moment because I exceed my limit even with one picture ... Well that's pretty much unless you want more details , thanks for looking :)

sounds like a big load for 40 gallons.

maybe take a water sample to your LFS and have them check all the elemants. you prob need to supplement for get some kind or reactor..

but i could be wrong i am still a noob..

good luck with you build

40B's are nice tanks. I have one and I like the dimensions. I have a LOT of coral and 5 fish in mine. I think to get growth and for the coral to stay healthy, I think regular weekly water changes of just 5 gals will help more than anything.

Back