My 55g corner tank :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thedude657

Lots of new goodies. Bought 110w LED lighting. the 400w halide was too hot and I didnt want to buy a chiller. I have 2 sapphire damsels, Mandarin, and a Flasher Wrasse. Just bought my first corals today. 2 Ricordias and an emerald eye chalice :) Only filtration I use is am Algae Turf Scrubber and having great results with it so far.

Attachments

• Emerald eye.jpg
    Emerald eye.jpg
    68.2 KB
  • Ricordia.jpg
    Ricordia.jpg
    52.6 KB
  • Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    50.9 KB
Looks great!!! How would you compare the lighting between the halides vs the leds?? Is it visually bright enough for you? Also, let us know how that algae turf scrubber works for you down the road. :)

The LED's are comparable to a 150w halide. Not as bright as the 400w halide. Its still plenty bright. At night with just the moonlights my apartment glows blue and everyone keeps asking what Im doing (not supposed to have a tank, time for some curtains)

The LED's are comparable to a 150w halide. Not as bright as the 400w halide. Its still plenty bright. At night with just the moonlights my apartment glows blue and everyone keeps asking what Im doing (not supposed to have a tank, time for some curtains)

Haha!!! I can imagine!! Here's what my dual 250w MH's looked like in our old townhouse

Its pretty simple. Im not heavily stocked and dont feed tons yet. But having zero ammonia, nitrates, and phosphates is nice :) Ill have to take some more pics from different angles if you need to see more. This site got me started http://www.algaescrubber.net/forums/

Attachments

• Scrubber1.jpg
    Scrubber1.jpg
    46.3 KB
Back