My Aragocrete, What do you think

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
Here's some pictures of my first Aragocrete sorta rocks:
An assortment of the rocks
154415.jpg

The Garf Glove cave, any tips so that the concrete doesn't sink to the glove? I'm thinking it was kinda watery
154416.jpg

The right side of my huge table, this one might be for sale as it might not fit in my tank, i really like the shape though
154417.jpg

The Arch, didn't turn out too bad, this one has crushed coral on the outside cause i ran out of sand to make molds, note to self, buy carib sea sand and less dense means more volume for weight, i used really fine sand, it was cheap but it only made it around the cave
154418.jpg

My friend made this crown, i pictured it upside down since it'd work as a donut table, i didn't think it'd turn out as well as it did, well i was wrong
154419.jpg

The overall view of the table, again it might be for sale, the triangular piece on teh right proping it up isn't attached, i thought it looked a little better this way though, the flash on the picture kinda hid the three levels of the table the middle section being higher then the two flat parts on each side of it with the legs underneath, the right side also forms a sort of arch perpendicular to the rock length wise. It's oyster shell on the outside, i felt bad wasting all the extra we mixed when we ran out of sand so we used oystershell on the outside instead for the mold
154420.jpg

I'd like to know your opinions on them thanks
Andrew

Look pretty cool Man. I am sure you know all about how to fix the ph issues. Are you going to mix it with live rock in your tank? I like the glove cave, and really wish I could find a piece like that out of Marshall island. Looks like it was a fun project too.

Cool looking shapes! How large is the table shaped piece?

ya, right now they're curing in a 300 gal rubbermaid, it's kinda cold but hopefully it'll still cure fast, the table is a few inches tall, 2-4" didn't really measure, then about 21" wide, from the furthest points and about 10-11" deep, or the shorter way, so it might actually fit in my tank, maybe i'll try to make another one, a bit smaller or bigger if anyone wants a similar rock, i've still got most of the supplies
Andrew

Back