My Aussie Scolymia Collection...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarvinsReef

well, it's been 6 months since I was bitten by the Aussie Scolymia bug... I'm very thankful that I'm able to collect these guys and so far, each one seems to be pretty happy... I wanna thank the vendors and fellow reefers that helped me find these pieces and/or have sold me these pieces... it's greatly appreciated... some have asked how many Aussie scolymias I have now so I thought I'd post them all here... next project is to purchase a Canon T2i DSLR and a decent macro lens to take better shots of these guys, and ofcourse HD vids of them feeding...I hope this helps influence a few more people to collect these beauties... Enjoy!!!

my Aussie Scolymia collection as of 05-03-2010...

02-15-2010Scolly4Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly1Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly2Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly3Ed.jpg

02-15-2010Scolly5Ed.jpg

03-07-2010Scolly1.jpg

03-12-10Scolly1.jpg

05-04-2010Scolymia2A.jpg

05-03-2010Scolymia1.jpg

05-04-2010Scolymia3B.jpg

Group Shots
02-15-2010ScolliesEd.jpg

05-04-2010Trio2.jpg

btw, I used 3 different PnS cameras on these pics so the white balance is not all the same, unfortunately... but you get the idea what they look like... some have seen these guys in person so I'll leave it up to them to comment... any input appreciated... Thanks...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I really enjoy your posts. Keep them coming. Amazing corals.

Those Scolys would look better in my tank Marvin. Seriously though you have the sickest collection!!!

Those Scolys would look better in my tank Marvin. Seriously though you have the sickest collection!!!
LoLz... Thanks man... :)

I think it just seems like it coz I post tons of pics of them.. I know some of the guys that lurk has better collection than I do... just an average reefer trying to collect corals with some colors... :D

As always Marvin, you have a eye for some premium corals, and you do well with them.
Truely amazing colors.

Medic! Medic! Apples are bleeding everywhere, inside out and reverse! Am I dying? I see rainbow too :D :D
Anyway, Amazing pieces, Amazing colors... I disagree with Sarang.. they would not look better in his tank.... but my tank :D :D. Just kidding here... Your stuffs are always amazing me.

Last edited:
galing talaga kuya...la me masabi..:)
salamat kapatid... your z's and p's are looking good... you ready?!? ;)

I had to corect your statement for you:p:lol:.
LoLz... Thanks man... but really, it's just years of trying to get the best of the best for my tiny tank... :)

That is an AMAZING collection!!!
Thank you... :)

As always Marvin, you have a eye for some premium corals, and you do well with them.
Truely amazing colors.
Thanks Martin... I hope I can keep them for a while.. and maybe in the future, they will actually split / reproduce in captivity... :)

OMG, you spent some coin there..

very impressive...
Thank you... I got great deals on most of them... let's just say that lotsa frags went out to pay for these guys... :)

Medic! Medic! Apples are bleeding everywhere, inside out and reverse! Am I dying? I see rainbow too :D :D
Anyway, Amazing pieces, Amazing colors... I disagree with Sarang.. they would not look better in his tank.... but my tank :D :D. Just kidding here... Your stuffs are always amazing me.
LoLz... Thank you for the kind words... :)

Very Nice collection
Thanks... :)

Marvin, I would appreciate a little knowlegde from you on care, lighting, feeding, etc. What can you NOT have in the tank with them?

Marvin, I would appreciate a little knowlegde from you on care, lighting, feeding, etc. What can you NOT have in the tank with them?
Lighting
- I believe that these guys enjoy moderate lighting... most of mine have been on the sand bed but I recently incorporated some on the rock work... from the month or so that they are on the scape, I noticed that one that's about 1/2 up the 22" high tank is losing some colors... I might have to yank it down again and find a more suitable spot for it... after that, the highest one is about 1/3 up the tank... this one is a Rev Bleeding Apple.. it's actually developing some orange on the outer area... I dunno if that's from exposure to more light or it's actually coloring up from the trip... I dunno really... my suggestion would be to start them in the sand bed, shaded a little and then bring them out little by little... and then if you want, you can incorporate them into the rock work about 1/3 way up... :)

Feeding
- I like to feed mine at least once/week... I know some feed more than I do but once/week, IME, is enough... I feed mine PE Mysis... :)

Flow
- IME, they don't like too much flow.. this is the reason why most are on the left side of the tank, where there's only low-med flow... their tissue fold if getting pounded by direct flow...

im excited kuya!!!lam mo naman diba?atat na nga ko!next week na yahoo!!!!
coolio... yeah, shipping them out on Tues... :)

Back