My Black cap Basslet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
Well I got a really nice Black Cap Basslet a week or 2 ago and then I added a 6 line wrasse and the basslet dosn't like it when he come into his territory and he postures up and make himself look like a big fish. I got a pi but it's under the actinics and I have a crappy camera ,but heres the pics I got.

blackcap001.jpg

and heres the big boy pic.

blackcap003.jpg

I love those wrasses....I want one but cant afford on right now. The black cap only does it with the wrasse. So funny to watch. Flares all his fins ,opens mouth as far as it will go, and freezes in position.

I have a flametail blenny that likes hanging around with the wrasse and I think he is like an annoying little brother. The wrasse will put up with him only for so long and either the wrasse will shoot off or chase him away. Then the blenny will go over an either sit on a rock or back into a hole in the rocks. He looks like, "geez, what's his problem", then he goes right back with him until the wrasse gets annoyed again. The fish are so funny.

That's a cool picture, does he just do that with any other fish or just the wrasse? He definitely doesn't like that wrasse. I have a McCoskers wrasse and he is the king of my tank.

http://modelstation.smugmug.com/Animals/Aquarium/i-Mn4KpfX/0/M/Aquarium-0649-M.jpg

Is that a male? I have one and its the exact same.. Cant tell if its male or female..

I think once the wrasse gets used to its home ittl be fine. I would see the wrasse becoming the aggressor of the two later on.

Back