My Clowns and my clam

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kolesmytoad

So I have two tomato Clown fish that are sitting in my clam like they would in an anemone and i was wondering if that is going to hurt it? :confused:The clam isnt opening all the way because of it and he is a little bit darker than normal. What does everyone think? thanks for reading!

That is awesome, and perfectly normal. Your clowns are hosting in the clam..

Can you post a picture of it?

Chris&barb has some pretty cool pic's of his baby clowns hosting in his big squamosa clam.

thank you for your help

:DThank you so much! What a relief. My daughter kept telling me that the fish was gonna kill the clam, " Chowder's gonna die! mom, you need to put an anemone in for them." But I didn't want to put one in the tank.
Thank you again,
Laurie
That is awesome, and perfectly normal. Your clowns are hosting in the clam..

Can you post a picture of it?

Chris&barb has some pretty cool pic's of his baby clowns hosting in his big squamosa clam.

my clown hosted in my clam for 2 years before I got a nem the clam finally got used to it and stayed open even when the clown was rubbing on it

In my old tank in the 90's I had a large T. Gigas that my Perc hosted in.

Much like WA coral my Gigas was so used to having the Perc swim around and created shadows on the mantle from the halides that he stayed open all the time! See attached photo of my old reef tank...

I finally traded the clam for (2) Dragon Morays...the Perc did not "shack up" with any of the other clams in my reef tank.

Back