My DIY Aquacontroller Software

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spipedong

I bought an Aquacontroller Jr. a while back with the intent of making my own software for it. I've been working for a couple weeks or so, and well, here's version 0.0001 alpha. (Yes I've probably wasted more than $75 worth of my time trying to avoid buying a $75 program from neptune :) )

I'm not a software person at all. This is my first perl script, first MySQL database, and my first php code ever. I'm sure it's horribly inefficient and I'm a little embarrassed of it, but maybe some day someone who's good at that stuff can help it improve.

Technically this should run on any LAMP server (Linux Apache MySQL Perl/PHP) and that should include any of the linksys type routers with a serial port that are capable of running linux.

I'll work on cleaning up the code a little bit and I'll post it up for tech savvy types to try out if they're interested.

Right now I'm running just a basic Ubuntu install on a Virtual Machine in my computer at work. Nothing fancy is needed aside from perl, php, mysql, and apache along with a couple perl modules from cpan.

Here are some screenshots of the progress to this point; the readings are not really my tank. The pH probe is disconnected and the temperature readings are of the floor of my office but you get the idea.

These pics will enlarge if you click on them.

pimp++++ I want something similar for my reefkeeper2, their software doesn't run on linux :(

No, but someone already did the geek-work and has decoded the serial stuff, but he is using a serial to wifi adapter and using the adapter's s/w to pull it out. I cant find the thread on RC anymore, damn!

No, but someone already did the geek-work and has decoded the serial stuff, but he is using a serial to wifi adapter and using the adapter's s/w to pull it out. I cant find the thread on RC anymore, damn!

Try pasting this into google
site:reefcentral.com aquacontroller linksys

Not what I was referring to, but interesting Google results :)

I tried finding the particular post for the reefkeeper2+LAMP install using Don's Google string, still no luck :/ The guy had even wrote some flash to display the LED status of the individual channel indicators on the front of the rk2. He took pics of the actual front of his rk2, then stuffed them into his flash app. It looks really nice, he uses it on his page (can't remember that address either :/)

Hey now. My HTML skills have worked fine since 1996.

Ideally I'd love to skin it with CSS. Might need some help with that.

I'd also love to use some AJAX for dynamic refreshing.

I agree , your html skills are still working just fine! The pages look great and are functional, that is what matters

Back