My dog may have saved my fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I was feeding the fish their first course of their evening meal of nori. I usually open the top of the tank as I feed and was feeding nori to the fish in each tank. Then I would go around and feed the meaty foods and close the tank up. I had just finished feeding nori and was working my way back around and my dog was in the room and would bark a couple times, wait a few seconds and bark a couple times again. She is always barking at something on the tv so I didnt think anything about it. Then I noticed she was staring at some of her toys in the family room and barking. That was odd! So I looked a little closer thinking, if theres someting alive, it better not move or it will freak me out, and there was the zebra striped dartfish, stuck to one of her toys. Poor thing must have been there 5 minutes or so. I picked him up and put him back in the tank. He didnt look good at first but then he darted off to his hideaway. Hopefully I'll see him at feeding time tomorrow. If it wasnt for my dog barking at it, I woulnt have seen it.

What's that Lassie...there a leper in the woods....No? Oooohhh there is a suicidal fish on your toy. Wheew I was worried there for a second.

Back