My Elos goes Atlantis

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MAXreefer

Time for a major update....

Maybe some of you remember my tank build I had here...

IMG8507-M.jpg

You still can see all my pictures HERE

Having to travel more and more for work and a little ALK disaster while I was gone I decided to go a different route for now and for the first time ever I wanted to go FOWLR.
Always considered my Elos something special and coming from a reef tank I just couldn't live with a pile of rock and some fish. Therefore I wanted to create something funny and different and the "Elos goes Atlantis" theme popped up in my mind.
I moved all the corals to my frag tank still hoping they will recover at some point not they are in a more sterile and clean environment. Removed all sand and LR and cleaned up the whole system.
Then I started all over to get my FOWLR going.

The setup:

Elos system 120 (47.24 x 22.5 x 19.69)
Elos cabinet with black doors
Elos sump
Skimmer: Elos PS1000.
Return pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0
Lighting: Elos Aquatop with 4 LED stripes
ATO: Elos Osmocontroller Digital
UV Sterilizer: Turbo-Twist 6x 18Watt
Water movement: Tunze Wavebox and 1 x MP40
Controller: Full Apex

Still battling a bit the algae blooms I have due to being a newer setup. It comes and goes. One day it is all gone and the next day it is back. I don't worry to much about it for now.

i-nmnb7Mq-M.jpg

i-zHNgRb9-M.jpg

i-PFTZtmX-M.jpg

i-cf4xtbp-M.jpg

Installed also last Thursday a TurboTwist 6x 18Watt UV Sterilizer. For the size of my tank a 9 Watt probably would have been enough but the max. flow wasn't high enough to match my return pump and I didn't wanted to install an additional pump. By getting the 18 Watt I was able to plumb it on the return line. The first couple days I didn't see a huge difference but as of today the water is crystal clear.
Still need to clean up and arrange all the wiring btw.

i-MjNSTfG-S.jpg

i-ZWcrqj2-S.jpg

Quick video. Just click on the picture below to watch the vid.
It is in 720p HD and might require a fast connection
Enjoy

Back