My First 75 Gallon Adventure!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

taichimaster

Hi guys and gals,

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to all the lovely people on reeffrontiers. You guys are the best. I also wanted to say thanks to Barrier Reef for all their help and advice. Thanks, to Nautilus aquariums for the custom stand, canopy, sump and refugium.

Now to the tank and equipment.
Tank: 75 gallon acrylic by IAP
Sump: 20 Gallon sump with Eheim 1262 Return
Fuge: 15 Gallon Fuge w/Eheim 1250 feeding pump
Chiller: 1/10 Pacific Coast
Lighting: 2x250watt Hamilton 14k housed in a 2 Mini Lumenarcs
Skimmer: ASM G2 Modded with with gate valve
Automation: Reefkeeper 2 and American DJ Outlet
Flow: 2 Koralia 3's and probably one more next week
Rock: 50 pounds of Eco Rox from Bulk Reef Supply and 20 pounds of Live rock to seed the tank.

Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions will be appreciated.

Will be taking it slow so no corals as of yet. Will slowly add and update pictures.

Enjoy,

Thanks,
pictures are kind of distorted due to resizing. will be putting corals in soon. I am just glad things are good so far for my first big tank.

Looks great. FWIW, Id toss that rock around a bit in there to break up the uniformity a bit. I understand you have limitations with front to back sizing, also the way you have it open is great for flow but looks like potential avalanche waiting to happen. If your going to do SPS, you'll love the looks of the reef wall and hate it for other reasons at the same time. Wait, you'll unsterstand. Other than that, I love your big deep fuge and eveything else about it. Job well done in the planning.

Last edited:
Duane,
Thanks for the advice on the aquascaping. I will take a look at what I can do. I really do like the wall look though.

If you like the way it looks, you could bust out your drill, put in some holes and zip tie it together. That way you can take it apart later and restructure it if you like. I like to make structures with my rock so I usually putty them together. I like to have medium sized fish so I make my holes in the rock wall larger to let them fit through. It all depends on what you get because its very awesome to have a rock structure with a ton of little holes for your dartfish and things to have fun with.

Looks good though

Lookin Good!

Peter:

You are off to a great start with the new tank. I think that the Green and Red Cap combo looks good now and is going to just be spectacular as they grow together.

Paul

Back