My First Saltwater / Reef Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Daorge

Hey all,
Its been about a month now with my first reef tank. A coworker of mine got me into the hobby and helped by hooking me up with the tank (36 Gallon) some equipment and some LR and corals. I have added the T5 lighting, some more LR, fish and corals. Just figured id share some pics and see what you all think. So far I am really enjoying this hobby. :p

Heres a pic of the initial LR setup followed by some current pics with the LR I recently added a few days ago.

OriginalRockWork_resized_DSC_0003.jpg

OriginalRockWork_resized_StarryBlen.jpg

OriginalRockWork_resized_DiamondGob.jpg

NewRockWork_resized_DSC_0001.jpg

NewRockWork_resized_DSC_0004.jpg

NewRockWork_resized_DSC_0003.jpg

NewRockWork_resized_DSC_0011.jpg

Looks good! One word of waring........that purple Pseudochromis will become a major PAIN! It will kill off some of the others because it is VERY territorial. I would remove it as soon as you can.

very nice tank, i have had mine for 6 months and mine doesnt look near as good as yours keep it up, jw did you use cured live rock from your friends tank to avoid cycling the tank?

very nice tank, i have had mine for 6 months and mine doesnt look near as good as yours keep it up, jw did you use cured live rock from your friends tank to avoid cycling the tank?

Yeah some of the rock was cured in the same tank when it was at my friends house. Some of the new LR I got from jamiehill here on RF along with some coral but I noticed I had some aiptasia hitchhikers along with it so I will have to take care of that soon.

Back