My "Honey Do's" are BIGGER than Peppies "Honey Do's"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
Soooo I've been very busy and often away (over to the Kitsap Peninsula) remodeling our future place of retirement at Point No Point (Hansville, WA) Always getting flak from Dave (peppie) on talking about all my 'Honey Do's' that keep taking priority over my Reeftank projects... I dedicate this thread to him.... as proof.

We bought my wifes (Gina) grandparents retirement property about 8 years ago and started a long-term update/remodel of house and lot. Built by her Grandfather and fellow retiring Seattle City Firefighters in 1965-66. Once rustic and comfortable so-called cabin with private no-bank beach access between old Pt. No Pt. Resort and Pt. No Pt. County Park & Lighthouse. Up until last couple of years had really only laid Maple Laminate flooring to replace Olive Green Sculptured Shag carpeting and cover Torgenal (multi-colored fiberglass flooring you poured on then sprinkled with sparkles... very 'Groovy') and pulled up/out old laminate counter and sink replacing with a Corian c.t. and sink. Oh! and washed 40 years of Cigarette and Cigar smoke off everything then repainted. Last Spring replaced roof and then in Summer I fully remodeled the only Bathroom taking it down to studs and sub-floor, many days running up to Park's Honey Buckets
:fear: cannot find pre-remodel pics at the moment, so below is start of construction.

Re- plumbed, wired, rocked, full Wedi shower to replace bathtub, new toilet and new smaller window.

Tiling in shower

New tile floor and lighting, recessed medicine cabs and start of cabinet install

Just about done, cabinets installed Marble c.t. fabbed with undermount sink, glass panel no-door shower, bath acc's installed

To be continued..... Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
The bathroom is awesome, and I'm not exaggerating. I've seen it a few times in person. Now lets see the kitchen remodel on more than a text message.

OK, but before I got to do the kitchen there was some outside issues to deal with. The South facing siding was pretty much toast and being 40 plus years old clear cedar 12" 5/4 material (nothing even close made like this nowadays) I decided to steal siding up high and weather protected to re-side it and then go with Cedar siding shingles up under eaves. Looked much better as well.

after removal of old siding, covered in OSB then roofing felt then installed new windows front and backside of house

Gina had the fun part of staining all shingles before attachment by myself and Brother-in law

All done... shingles and repainted whole exterior

This was done August of 2010 and the first of the BIG projects completed..... to be continued

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
Fast forward to December 2012 and start of Kitchen DEMO. These lovely plywood and P-lam cabinets were built on site 1966-ish with about 10,000 nails so was tremendous amount of effort to remove

Then onto walls to get at outdated plumbing and electrical

The slow process of re-plumbing and re-wiring (a lot of which was aluminum YIKES!)

This was the easy part of re-do, I also spent a few days in a 20" high 48 year old crawl space knocking out old iron and galvanized waste & supply

to be continued.....

So..... after many weekends of tear out and redo of 100% of plumbing and most of wiring including running new circuits and fixing some old overloaded ones. Replaced old flo fixture with LED cans then started the cover up with drywall.

Primed and textured all new rock work

Painted all new rock work and laid new laminate flooring wall-to-wall

Then started placing new base cabinets to check layout

now installing them after a little shimming

This is where I'm at to date and will be back at it this coming weekend.... Oh Boy!

Cheers, Todd

Todd,
You have done an outstanding job!
Now I see why you have been out there for extended periods of time. That is a lot of work.
It is so nice to have the time to go the extra mile to make the project right.
I concede to your list being bigger than mine. LOL
Here are a couple of shots of my Honey-Do for this year. Nellie bought the stone last fall, The deal was I have to install the stone before I get to do a aquarium build. ( There is some motivation for ya)

Thanks for taking the time to let us see what you have been up to at your cabin.

Thanks Guys, very nice Rock work you have done Dave.... I will not be showing/sharing the pics with Gina though or will end up on my list as well.

Had to be over for appliance delivery on Wednesday and a granite template on Thursday so needed to have base fully set and sink in place. Even found a few hours yesterday to set some uppers

Need to bring additional tools over this weekend to cut in a pipe chase for above range cabinet to run microwave vent through. Then cut and install finished end panels and start re-configuring crown and light valance moldings.

Cheers, Todd

Todd,
I really like the two tone.
Also the sink is a very nice touch.
The microwave plumbing has got to be one of my least favorite things to do in the kitchen remodel.
Are you vented through the roof yet?

Well Dave, have been a little busy but did manage to get a bit further along last weekend. Cabinet door bored for hinges and mounted, template and install of granite countertops, toe kicks in place annnnnd Gina couldn't make it past a shiny new appliance.

Still need to install Bridge faucet and hook up supply & drain

Cheers, Todd

Great choice on the granite color.
I also like the black toe kick. Makes the cabinets look like a free standing piece of furniture.
When is the open house/cabin/salmon BBQ/get together? LOL

I will have to offer you to join me in a few dinners sometime in the spring of 2014. (Nellie says she wants a new Kitchen by summer of 2014)

Great job bud.

Back