my new anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That sure didn't take long for it to split. My RBTA has grown 4x's over but hasn't split yet :( Congrats!

Our RBTA took a trip down the overflow, so we replaced it with this guy (the frogspawn didn't seem to like being a host)

Lo and behold, a peice of our RBTA that we thought would die for sure, has just poped back out of the rockwork and is looking very good, so we now have 3 anemone's in the 29. Happy clown!

I can't wait to set up out bigger tank and add my big RBTA from my tank for some very happy clowns.

Do think it split that quickly or did u get 1 free ..lol ..Asking because i have had my long tentacle bubble anemone that was 4" when i bought it 2 years ago it is now about 12" it's huge and my fire clown loves it....

dabears26 said:
Do think it split that quickly or did u get 1 free ..lol ..Asking because i have had my long tentacle bubble anemone that was 4" when i bought it 2 years ago it is now about 12" it's huge and my fire clown loves it....

It definatley split. Amazing how fast it happened though. Same with out little one. Got injured (torn in half) by a overflow and just days later he's all healed up...

Sweet may be i should injure mine....just joking......Lucky that's sweet it happened so soon ...

I got a RBTAe from a friend and it split into 3! But the other one I had for 18months and it tripled in size and never split. picky buggers
jerod

Well here is mine i know it's kind of a blurry pic. but this camera is driving me crazyyyyyy......:eek: :eek: :eek:

I got one from a friend a few months ago and it split into three the very next night. Stress will cause the splitting. I have made several dollars in LFS credits with splitting RBTA's. That's how I got my free purple tang! :D I just don't like the fact that I get $20 credit and he sells them for $60.

Our Rbta is 14-16 inches weve had it over 9months; its atleast 4x bigger and has yet to split.:confused: We are waiting.........any time now.........please split already......:eek: talking to it doesnt work either darn! Guess well have to try something else...thanks for listening to me vent a little

I just got a green with pink tips bubble tip on thursday and the guy at the fs said it was in the process of splitting. Its not in two yet but i keep watching. And i put it in with my paired clarkkis and now i have one. I think one chased the other out of the tank.

Back