My new Kalk reactor!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

I finally got around to building me a new Kalk reactor yesterday and today. I am very pleased with the finished product. It is 20'' tall with 7'' reaction tube, ran by Maxi jet 600 with keyhole flange and easy access to add Kalk. also Easy removal of the pump for maintenance...

Here are some Pictures:

The finished product.
forsale009-2.jpg

The Lid with keyhole flange and easy access for adding kalk.
forsale013.jpg

forsale014.jpg

Pictures of the Pump/stirring assembly...
forsale010-1.jpg

forsale011-1.jpg

forsale015.jpg

Matt, is this your first attempt at doing these things, didn't you just make a nice skimmer?
Work quality looks great, all cell cast right?

Watch those uni-seals.... you may want to support the pump/pipe setup so the weight doesn't pull down and cause leaks.

Watch those uni-seals.... you may want to support the pump/pipe setup so the weight doesn't pull down and cause leaks.

Yeah I took that into consideration. the pump is less than 1'' from the base so it would be easy to support it with a peice of acrylic or something however the whole pump assembly is very light weight and I really doubt it will give any problems..

Matt

Nice. Ill be down to pick it up on Saturday. Now you can start yours. :D

I think you got a business going Matt:)

I dont know about that, I already have a business that takes all my time. I own a siding and window exterior design and remodeling company (Northwest Eterior Design)

However, I am up for helping people out if anyone needs or wants a skimmer or reactor (calcium or Kalk) I would be happy to see what I can do for them..
I enjoy building them..

Matt

Back