My New Nano Tanks - Pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
Okay as promised here are my new tanks.

This one is my 12 gallon Aquapod that sits on my desk. You can see that it has a lot of stuff in it. All are coral from my 75 gallon that I wanted to keep. They seem to be doing well in this tank. Actually growing. Not a lot of color but certainly doing okay.

05-09-06_12_gal_on_desk.jpg

05-09-06_12_gal_full_tank_view.jpg

05-09-06_12_gal_acros_1.jpg

05-09-06_12_gal_acros_2.jpg

And here is the other tank. My 24 gallon Aquapod with an HQI light on top. This one was recently set up so only houses my clowns and some rock and a clam. The tank temp is a bit high for my liking so may have to get a tiny fan to blow on it.

05-09-06_24_gal_full_tank_view_1.jpg

05-09-06_24_gal_full_tank_view_2.jpg

And here is my regained living room. The couch is where the 75 gallon tank used to be!

05-09-06_regained_living_room.jpg

Very nice Chuck...I looked at the Aquapods today on Premium Aquatics website because I'm thinking on getting one to use as a quarrantine tank for my corals etc. when they start going in. Either that, or I will have a small one custom built. Thanks for sharing the photos:)

Hey Chuck, NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE...... Two things, I may interject, how is that clam doing with the PC lighting? # 2 seriously think about a hydor flo for the tank. Thee best investment I made. But very nice. And again thanks for the honor, Mike.

Hi there Chuck!

Nice nanos you've got going there! I find that several smaller nanos, do in fact, equal to taking care of a big tank :) However, I am sure you are liking the new found space for your sofa.

Best,
Ilham

Tanks look nice but you better watch out, I can see a big cat in the mirror in the first and second pictures. They may eat your fish. ;)

Thanks everyone. They are fun so far. Not near as much work yet as the bigger tank. Only two small ones. One has a skimmer, one doesn't. I can access all of the glass. Oh yes, they are glass and not acrylic so easier for me to keep clean. The small one only needs a 5 gallon water change every couple of weeks. The larger one not much more than that :)

So far I am enjoying. The clam is doing well under the PC lighting as is the SPS. The SPS lost a lot of color, but seems to be thriving well.

thats really cool man do u run sumps where can i find these aquapods on a site have a thing for nanos
what kind of filtration do u run besides the skimmers and some closer shots would be nice to ;) lol

No sump, that is one thing I am getting away from. All in one packages so I don't have to worry about external equipment. All built in.

I don't run a skimmer on the 12 gallon (all water changes) and run an AquaC Remora hang on the back skimmer on the 24 gallon.

So far they are the stock lighting (Power Compacts on the 12 gallon, 70W HQI on the 24 gallon), stock pumps, etc ...

I got mine from one of our sponsors here on Reef Frontiers (Premium Aquatics).

Hey Chuck, if you swap out the stock pump you should be able to drop your tank temp quite a bit (the manufacturer has even admitted this). Many people swap it out for an MJ900 or an MJ1200 with a Hydor Flo on the return.

I guess I wasn't very clear on that. People tend to either use a 900...or, if they decide to use a Hydor Flo on the return (as it tends to restrict the GPH) they go with a 1200.

But, I was doing some searching and saw on another thread about your tank (I'm getting ready to purchase an Aquapod 24 myself) and see that these suggestions have also been mentioned.

Back