My new trained filefish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ugla

I have been waiting for a couple of month for Todd to catch the filefish I got from him. He was finally able to do it New Years Eve.

I have been fighting majanos for years. Usually do a killing spree every few months and kill everything in sight with kalk paste. Then in a couple of weeks they start to regrow.

First 24 hours in the tank and 3/4 of them are gone. amazing! It even picked them out among my zoos.

I am impressed. If only I could clone and patent it.

Lol! That's cool! Can't beat that! Does he eat prepared foods as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it Jim.

FWIW, I started a little frag garden for you the other day. :)

I am jealous, I have had mine for two weeks and nothing, nodda, nill, zilch. I am a little bummed. Any thoughts, or is mine just mental.

Give it time. The file fish that Jim has was actually ours first and it took several weeks to get comfy in the tank before it started eating majanos. At let that was our experience.

We are glad to hear the fish is doing as well for you as it did for us Jim.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, took a couple weeks for it to start in on the Mojanos in my tank then did a fine job of eliminating them ALL. I guess he was going through withdrawls and needed a fix badly. He did eat everything offered food-wise as well .

Cheers, Todd

So does the original owner of this PIG FISH get a royalty check for every manjano it eats or is it rented on a bi yearly basis LOL

So can I be next in line for this bringer of death to Mejano's. My tank needs an army of those and Berghia's.

So far he is not eating any other foods, but he is still getting comfy in the tank.

Back