My redsea max-s 650 is now 1 year old!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Well it's a year and a couple weeks actually but I was in Mexico on its anniversary so I did not post photos. This system was seeded with all frags of 1"-3" in terms of sps and palys were frags of 10-20 polyps. Most of the lps are Aussie a good amount of the sps is also Aussie however there are some everyday stuff as well. Feel free to ask questions. I look forward to comments.

P.s. These are cell phone photos so they are not great.

Cheers
Matt

Wow, your tank is really coming along.
The corals are growing like crazy.
Looks good Matt.

Love the growth on your coarls. That monti cap is awesome and I'm not a huge fan of them. Is that an elegance that your clowns are hosting?

Love the growth on your coarls. That monti cap is awesome and I'm not a huge fan of them. Is that an elegance that your clowns are hosting?

I assume your talking about the purple rim cap. It is growing nicely.
Yes that is an Aussie purple tip elegance. I may need to find it a new home soon. It's very large.

Matt

Yes that is an Aussie purple tip elegance. I may need to find it a new home soon. It's very large.

Matt

Nice problem to have Matt...

Is this tank an All in One type set up?
What sort of lighting are you using?

Matt

I se why you are so proud of it! Many of drool over how far it has come in a year! Can you post the system layout for us?

Maxx

yes this is an all in one system... it retails for $5200 it comes with tank, stand, sump, 1800gph sicce return pump, redsea seaskim 1800 skimmer "the weak part of the system" all plumbing pre assembled, 4x sicce closed loop style power heads that are 500 gph ea, and a massive t-5 lighting unit with 10X 5' bulbs pushing nearly 1000 watts total power.. it also comes with a control unit to power the entire system... only things ive added are the 2 wp40s and a chiller....

one other item I would like to mention as I believe it plays a major roll in the health and growth of my corals... I have from day one use nothing but redsea coral pro salt and I have supplemented 0 times any other products with the exception of calcium 2 or 3 times if I were running behind on a waterchange... which I do 20% every week...

for the record redsea pro salt is the best IMO...

cheers
matt

Back