My softie tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kimberlee1

So I am kind of new here, been lurking on and off for years. Been encouraged by a couple members to put up tank threads. Here is the first one, my 55, soon to be bigger softie tank. This system has been running almost 2 years.

So lets start.....it is a standard 55gal, no sump. I am running a marineland canister filter on it. There is no carbon in it, just filter pads for bacteria growth. Also I have a Cyclone BAK-PAK skimmer. There is also a 6" DS, but the way my SF eel tears it up, I doubt it helps much w/ filtration. For lighting there is a 4bulb T-5 tek light over it. Bulb combo is 2 blue pluses, 1 10K white and 1 purple 454. I will either be adding 4 more T-5 bulbs or swapping all the lighting for LED's, when the system goes bigger.

This is a really simple system and I love it. Stock includes (and keep in mind now, we are going bigger w/ this system), 1 SF eel 18", 1, 4" hippo tang, a very large pair of tomato clowns, a damsel and 1 skunk clown. No cuc as the eel would just eat them. Corals are a array of sorties and still adding.

For some reason photobucket is being difficult .....I'll post pics in an hour or so, when I get it figured out.

Looks like you have a great start on your softie collection going. Do I see a shark in one of those pics?
The snowflake eel is so cute!

Looks like you have a great start on your softie collection going. Do I see a shark in one of those pics?
The snowflake eel is so cute!
Thx, I am trying to build it up. Love the easy of this tank though. Weekly WC and no stress.
Wish it was a shark, but I wouldn't be able to live w/ myself putting one in a 55gal. It is a Colombian cat fish, I am fish sitting for a friend. Pretty cool though.

The eel is Ralph, who despite the warnings about fish eating from his past owner....has been the perfect well behaved eel in my tank. I feed him really well.

So u put a catfish in ur reef tank? Lol
Love the clownfish though. I used to have a good sized fire clown.
-d

Well he's a brackish fish that can be acclimated to full salt. He was already in a reef tank. Lots of personality, he splashes when he doesn't get his way....(fed).

That big female tomato is a pain. apparently the tank is hers and she doesn't like the decor.

So the catfish move back to his own pad......and this guy move from my sps tank to this one. We are both a lot happier.

Tank looks great Kim! I saw several of your clownfish type while i was in Fiji. they are evil kept attacking my camera housing

Tank looks great Kim! I saw several of your clownfish type while i was in Fiji. they are evil kept attacking my camera housing

Thank you....I love this tank, it is just too easy to up keep. I saw those pics, you got some amazing shots. If you ever say you can't take a pic again, I'll call you a lair. My fav was the carpet nem w/ it's clowns.

Back